Tuesday, March 16, 2010

WHICH RIVALRIES WILL BE BORN OR REIGNITED AT BRISTOL THIS WEEKEND?

With NASCAR's "have at it, boys" mindset this season -- Carl Edwards vs. Brad Keselowski notwithstanding -- the tight action at Bristol Motor Speedway this weekend should either reignite some dormant rivalries or create new ones as drivers fight for every inch of real estate on Bristol's high banks.

Jerry Bonkowski says: Bristol means banging fenders, baby. This is where Trading Paint isn't just a phrase, it's a lifestyle. Show me one car that doesn't have any rub marks on it when the checkered flag falls, and I'll show you a driver that wasn't trying hard to win. As for rivalries, while everyone will be watching Edwards vs. Keselowski, especially look for Kyle Busch, Tony Stewart, Denny Hamlin Juan Pablo Montoya, Kevin Harvick, Dale Earnhardt Jr. and even Jeff Gordon to do some serious bumping and grinding with new and long-term nemesis's. My best bet for some on-track heat: Harvick vs. KyBusch ... and watch the fireworks explode.

So, let's hear your thoughts: WHICH RIVALRIES WILL BE BORN OR REIGNITED AT BRISTOL THIS WEEKEND?

CLICK HERE to offer YOUR side of the debate!

3 comments:

  1. I just want Jeff Gordon to go after someone with his helmet on again! I don't care who it is... just show off that 'I don't want to wreck my face, so I'm going to keep my helmet on when I'm mad' attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to see JPM and JMac end up squeezed together... might not even be JMac's fault, but if he so much as touches JPM, that'll ignite something that a full brigade of firemen couldn't put out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna see Smoke and Kurt Busch go at it. Those two are like protons and electrons!

    ReplyDelete